Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pentas

I love a good deal and in many garden centers you can find some good deals. With so many flowers now in bloom the garden centers are bursting at the seams and there are clearance, yes clearance plants just waiting for a home. If you're able to spend a little time to nurse a plant  back to health then you'll be able to add beauty to your garden for just a few dollars.  I usually check out the plants on Monday - Thursday and find racks of plants on clearance; there are many plants leftover from the weekend when the store expects to have more foot traffic. I have bought a six pack of Begonias for $.50 and a medium sized pot with Hibiscus for only $2.00. My recent find was the beautiful Penta, I love the color. This plant is an annual in some states and survive as a perennial in other parts of the United States; it loves the sun but can tolerate some shade.

I nearly walked past this plant, as I loaded the shopping cart with a flat (18 count) of Marigolds for $2.00. An entire flat (18 count) of the Pentas, every plant looked healthy and thriving on sale in the clearance rack for $5.00. These beautiful pink flowers are gonna be right at home in the front yard to add a little curb appeal. So on your next visit, see what hidden treasures you can find on the clearance racks, their beauty may surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so please leave a comment.