Friday, June 17, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath

I was looking for an idea to jazz up our front door a little when I came across this great wreath that I saw on the blog the little brown house; I absolutely fell in love with the idea of using coffee filters. There area a few differences between some of the material used  on her blog and the one I put together, but the results are still the same...........beautiful. Although I don't drink coffee, I already had white coffee filters in the kitchen cabinet so the only thing I had to buy for the project was the wreath. 
I twisted the bottom of the filter and then hot glued it to the wreath. I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out because at first the filters were laying flat against each other. Once I glued all the filters that I thought I needed, front and back, and fluffed them up it looked much better. I cut a piece of ribbon and hot glued it to the back of the wreath, for support. This is how it first turned out.
I added color by spray painting the wreath a light green color and got the result you see here.



Supplies: Coffee filters, glue sticks, glue gun, wreath, ribbon and spray paint
Level of difficulty: Easy


Happy Father's day to all the great Dads!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so please leave a comment.