Monday, May 23, 2011

Twisted in Twine


I bought a container to to use as my "in box", a simple container to hold paperwork for my next writing or craft projects. I couldn't find one that hung off the desk though, so I made one. The project turned out in two stages. The first stage was to purchase a clear container and hooks (the kind of hooks that you put over a door to hang say, a bath robe, etc.). I screwed the screws in the container and the hooks and thought that it would hang off the desk....2 seconds later it fell down. I finally figured out that I needed some gripping material to put between the hook and the top surface of the table for the container to rest on the table, and it worked (and it's still holding). Stage two, I couldn't leave the container so plain and simple, I had to spruce it up a little. This is how it turned out.


 

Hot glued twine around the entire container




Supplies: Clear Container, Hook, roll of Twine, Hot glue with sticks and Scissors

Level of Difficulty: Easy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so please leave a comment.