Saturday, May 28, 2011

Crown Gift Shoebox

I came across an organization that had a donation drive where the public could donate toiletries in a shoebox for homeless mothers and children . The fun part of the drive was that the participants were encouraged to decorate the boxes. This is the box that I decorated for a child and it got me thinking about how I will give a few gifts in the future. I started with an empty Victoria Secret's gift box.


I used a piece of cardboard to cut out the crown for the top of the box and covered it with gold tissue paper. I hot glued colorful stones on the top to resemble gems and then I covered the inside with a silk red fabric and added polyester fiberfill underneath to raise up the fabric. Then I hot glued red ribbon below the cardboard.





On the bottom part of the box I hot glued red sparkly fabric. This is how it turned out in the end.

Supplies: Empty box, cardboard, plastic gemstones, ribbon, silk fabric, embellished fabric, fiber-filling, tissue paper, hot glue with sticks and Scissors

Level of Difficulty: Easy

This project is being shared with the the following







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so please leave a comment.